The Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology (GDCB) at Iowa State University (ISU) invites applications for two tenure-track assistant professor positions.
GDCB seeks to enhance and build upon existing strengths at ISU, with an emphasis on (i) cellular or developmental processes integral to animal health or disease, especially in genetic model organisms; or (ii) cellular or developmental mechanisms that underpin plant responses to environmental signals and stresses.
Responsibilities include building nationally recognized research programs that compete successfully for extramural funding, advancing the discipline through high-quality publications, mentoring students, and effective teaching of undergraduate and graduate courses. The successful candidates will possess excellent communication and leadership skills and will share the university’s commitment to an inclusive environment that supports world-class diversity.
- Ph.D. in life sciences or related discipline
- Postdoctoral research experience
- Published record of high quality research in GDCB fields
- Demonstrated ability or potential to secure extramural funding and develop a research program with the potential for national distinction.
- Research plan that enhances existing strengths at ISU
- Engagement in interdisciplinary or collaborative research
- Demonstrated ability or potential to excel in scholarly teaching
- Evidence of commitment to an inclusive climate that supports world-class diversity and enables honest and respectful exchange of ideas
Please visit https://www.iastatejobs.com/postings/28431 to view the entire vacancy and apply electronically. For full consideration, submit the application by October 15, 2017.
Iowa State University (ISU) has been ranked as one of the top public universities in the nation. ISU is located in Ames, Iowa, a progressive community of 60,000 that was recently voted one of the best college towns in the nation. Iowa State University is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Vets status.
See why Iowa State University is a great place to be by clicking iowa_state_university_-_a_great_place_to_be.pdf.